- 1/2 an onion – peeled and chopped
- 1/2 a green pepper – deseeded and diced
- 250g firm tofu (such as Cauldron’s)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Splash of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- vegetable oil
- Fry the onion in a little oil for 3 or 4 minutes and then add the garlic and green pepper. Continue to fry until the onion is soft.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan (use your hands or mash with a fork) and mix.
- Add the turmeric, chilli flakes (if desired) and soy sauce and heat through, stirring frequently.
- Serve on toast.