- 225g frozen soya mince (available from most supermarkets)
- 1 small onion – peeled and diced
- 1 fresh garlic clove – peeled and crushed
- 1 stick of celery – sliced
- 1-2 carrots – peeled and diced
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 heaped teaspoons tomato puree
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- dash of soy sauce
- 150g dry spaghetti
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Gently fry all the vegetables with the garlic for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, stock cube, soy sauce and soya mince and cook slowly for around 30 minutes, stirring frequently and adding more water if the sauce becomes dry.
- In a separate pan, cook the spaghetti in boiling water, as directed on the packet.
- Serve the bolognese with the cooked spaghetti and grated dairy-free cheese (e.g. Violife Prosociano) if desired.